Tuesday, March 8, 2011

You Don't Own Me. . .

The scale, that is.


 I will admit to being completely obsessed with the number on the scale. If the number was lower than expected, my day was wonderful. Higher than expected? My day started off on a sour note. No longer.

I'm eating well, working out, and staying within my calorie goals for the day. As long as I'm doing that, I'm going to stop weighing every morning & make it either a once a week or twice a week endeavor. I can still track my progress & know if things are getting off track and I need to make tweaks, but I won't be obsessed.

My ultimate goal is to lose 25 pounds. I've lost 25 pounds since last Christmas (Christmas - 2009), so I'm half way to my ultimate goal. Although it's been a slow go, I know I'm healthier than I've been in a long time, and changing my eating habits for the rest of my life. I'm not dieting - I'm eating more whole foods, not mindlessly eating junk, and listening to my body.

I'll try to be more patient with my body as it adapts to my lifestyle and reflects the changes I'm making. I'm not a very patient woman, so this is certainly a work in progress. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment