Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3 miles!

I did it! Yesterday I ran three miles without stopping. I was so, so very excited. It was day one of my 1/2 marathon training plan. I read the "beginners" training plan incorrectly & thought I as supposed to run 2 miles/walk 1/run 2. No, that would be: walk 2/run 1/walk 2. Anyway, I've discovered that I'm a little beyond the beginner plan, but not quite to intermediate yet, so I'm mixing them both up a bit & trying to find a plan that works for me until I'm ready for intermediate.

In other news, the skirt from yesterday did not survive my Closet Survival game. Sadly, by the end of the work day, it was all stretched out & slipping down, which was not a good look. Today, I tried to dress for the promise of spring, which is hopefully just around the corner!


Here's what I'm wearing today:
-Dorky grin - standard expression
-Green & white striped sweater - Martin & Osa
-White tank with silver detailing - Martin & Osa
-Diamond necklace, courtesty of Michael :-)
-Joes Jeans, Honey cut
-Lame camera skills - still mine

Today my plan is to:
-Run three miles
-Walk .5 mile
-Run 1 mile

I'm a little nervous, but we'll see how it goes!

Question for you guys: does eating yogurt in the morning ever give you heartburn? I've discovered that eating yogurt as breakfast & not having any carbs makes me pretty miserable for the rest of the day. But, if I eat it as a snack later in the day, after I've eaten other things, it doesn't bother me. Does this happen to anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment