- My hip hurts. A lot. I'm 90% sure that I won't be running in my 15K tomorrow. I'm on the fast train to frustrationville today.
- I booked a deep massage for tomorrow morning. A bunch of people have suggested that I might have some underlying muscle soreness/tightness deep in my hip, which is hard to reach via regular stretching. I do like a massage, although I'm pretty sure this will be painful & not relaxing.
- I apparently have a deep love affair with purple clothes. Outfit of the day today:
Yeah, I know - the awesome bathroom lighting makes it hard to tell, but my shirt today is purple. Purple love also on display here, here, and also here, here, and here. There were more, but I figured that was embarrassing enough. :-) The things you learn when you start tracking your outfits on your blog. . .
4. I'm tired today. Why, you ask? Well, let me tell you. We live very close to a major construction project. When I say "very close", I mean that the lights from the crane shine into our bedroom at night - our back yard is about 5 feet from the start of the work. And, the construction project is on a major road, so most work takes place from 8 pm- 4am. The construction project also has a noise complaint variance, which means that they are as loud as they want/need to be. For the last three nights, the volume has been unbearable. It's woken all of us up (and, dealing with tired kids at 3:00 am is no fun), and the entire house shakes. All.night.long. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be addicted to Advil PM by the time this thing is over. They are "lidding" the freeway, so basically adding a road on top of the existing freeway, so this is no small (or quiet) project. Save me!
5. I'm having a fun lunch date today with Michael! I need it - it's been a crazy week. I love lunch dates!
Weekend plans! What are you up to this weekend? Here's what we have on the agenda:
- A massage!
- Hopefully some (non-run) workouts
- Two kids birthday parties
- Swimming lessons (kids, not me)
- Baseball practice (ditto above)
- Wine drinking, or possibly margarita-drinking, if the weather improves
- A much belated birthday lunch with my friend (finally!) & a girls pedicure outing. Two of my toenails are about to fall off, so let's hope I don't frighten the nail person too much.
Should be a fun weekend! I'm going to focus on all of the awesome, & healing up my leg so I can get back into my training for my Mother's Day Half!