Monday, March 7, 2011

Today's goal

Today's goal is to run 2 miles without stopping. Can it be done? We shall soon find out. I'm running with the lovely husband shortly, and I'm trying to push muself to do 2 miles without stopping & 3.5 miles total today. I had a yummy bowl of oatmeal with strawberries and bananas this morning to get me started. Plus, a skinny caramel macchiato. It is, after all, Monday, and Starbucks is my drug of choice on Mondays.



In other very exciting news, I ordered a Garmin yesterday! Mapping out the runs isn't doing much for me, & I feel like there's a pretty high margin of error, so this little beauty should soon be in my hot hands in a few days. Do you have this? Do you love it? Anything I should be aware of?

Garmin Forerunner 305 Monitor

Can't wait!

In other news, my baby is almost four, and I'm still trying to lose the last remains of baby weight (I was on my way to BabyRobics when Michael took this picture). (Am I still allowed to call it "baby weight", or is it really just plain 'ole fat now that he's about to turn four?) To my credit, I did start to work out pretty much as soon as he was born, but somehow the 10,000 calories a day I was consuming did nothing to help me drop the pounds. It's shocking.

Photographic evidence of my first workout after my second was born. Check out those lumberjack sized arms & the completely obvious sleep deprivation. Don't I look like I could just curl up & fall asleep at that very moment? I would so have a third child if he/she came with a night nanny. For reals. Michael (the husband) & I talk about that all the time. I think the shop is closed up at this point, but if I won the lottery & could afford a night nanny, I would so have a third child.

No comments:

Post a Comment