Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Two things Tuesday

Hello, everyone! Hope you are having a fabulous Tuesday. I was finally able to locate my favorite ever work jeans (Gap - Always Skinny, Dark Rinse) in one size down, so I'm very excited to have a size that won't be hanging off my butt by the end of the day. Never a good look. :-) They are feeling a little snug this morning, but should be stretched out comfortably soon.

Outfit:
Purple sweater - Jcrew
White pocket tank - Martin & Osa
Skinny jeans - Gap
Black ballet flats - Nordstrom
Awesome bathroom shot - just for you!

Here are two random facts about me for this Tuesday:

1) Michael's family lives out of the country. Every other summer his parents come & live with us for three months. They don't speak English, & I don't speak their native tongue. They are super wonderful people, but it's a long, long three months.
2) I'm a Washington native but always complain about the spring weather. Always. Drives my husband crazy. I guess I feel like by the time April rolls around, we deserve a little sunshine here. I don't need 80 degrees or anything - just a few peeks of the sunshine so I can get a little vitamin D.

Eats (yesterday):
Yesterday was not my best eating day. I didn't get a chance to get in my cardio workout, & I ate much more sugar than I normally do. As a result, I had to have a light dinner to hit my calorie goals for the day. (I track my calories every day, as I'm trying to lose weight).

  • Breakfast: English muffin with morningstar sausage + coffee
  • Lunch: salad with a few tortilla chips + carrots/hummus
  • Snack: Dr Kracker + hummus
  • Snack (again): starburst & a reeses
  • Dinner: chicken & spinach salad with cottage cheese

I ate zero fruit yesterday, which is really unlike me. I shoot for 5 servings a day of fruit & vegetables. Better luck today!

Running:
My goal (once again) for today is to run 40 minutes without stopping. This is something I've tried before but have yet to accomplish. Today will be that day. I know I can do it.

5 comments:

  1. You can make today that day...Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your run! You can do it! I always tell myself just run another 3 minutes or 5 minutes to get through a hard run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog and thanks for the sweet comment :) congrats to yourself on the smaller pants! Isn't it such a great feeling?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can make that goal of 40 minutes! Go you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete