Monday, April 25, 2011

A case of the Mondays

Greetings, lovely ladies. I'm having a hard time being back at work today after my wonderful vacation! We had a great Easter & the weather at the beach was awesome on Friday & Saturday. Now we're back to rain in Seattle. I didn't get a chance to wear anything very Easter-y yesterday, because I had to wear my fleece & rain boots for the egg hunt. So today I wore hot pink in honor of my favorite Easter color. I have to get our Easter pictures off of the other camera, but I will post them soon.

Outfit:
In the first picture, I really look like someone who is overjoyed to be back at work, don't I? ;-)

Details:
  • Hot pink sweater with gold sequined pockets - Ann Taylor Loft
  • Cream tank top - Ann Taylor Loft
  • Bootcut jeans - Vigoss, BP/Nordstrom
  • Gold pearl necklace - Jcrew
  • Black sequined wedges - Alfani/Macys
  • Frizzy hair - courtesy of dropping the kids off in the rain this morning
  • Gorgeous bathroom setting & dorky face - always mine!
Food:
For the first time ever, I did not totally gorge myself at Easter. Small steps, people! I think I had about 100 calories of candy in total yesterday, which must be some kind of personal record. I think my calories netted out around 1700, so higher than I normally shoot for, but definitely okay for a holiday
  • Breakfast - spinach, egg, & laughing cow on a wheat english muffin + coffee & strawberries
  • Brunch - 2 mimosas, 2 mini Costco sandwiches, pasta salad, a ton of fruit, & 2 handfuls of baked cheetos
  • Snack - 1 bite of Sam's cupcake, & a handful of Easter candy
  • Dinner - 1 glass of wine, a sliced tomato, 1/2 cup pasta salad & 1.5 mini burgers
Weight:
The scale says I'm up .2 lbs from Thursday, so I'm not terribly worried. Hopefully after a few days of being back from vacation, I'll be on a downward trend again.

Running:
Today my training plan calls for 4 easy miles, so I'm planning to run at lunch. In the rain. Ick. But, preferable to the treadmill.


Questions of the day:

1) How much Easter candy did you eat yesterday?
2) Would you rather run on the treadmill, or in the rain?

7 comments:

  1. wow! awesome job with the easter candy! seriously some kind of record for most self control ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't do Easter candy yesterday but there WAS a Chinese buffet incident that I don't want to talk about.

    Also...I LOVE the treadmill. So treadmill all the way for me. Although, if it's summer...I'll go for rain too. But only a sprinkle.

    p.s. super cute jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Easter candy for me! I am so proud of myself.

    I have never ran in the rain, but I would like to. However, I do love my treadmill....with 5 kids I don't many chance to run outside.

    Look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog. Looking forward to reading more.

    I actually stayed away from the Easter candy.....however I did partake in the desserts!

    Can't say i've ever run in the rain, but I loathe the tm so if I had to choose between the two, rain it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great control around the easter candy, I'm impressed!
    I'm a wuss...I would pick treadmill over rain!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh, don't sweat that 0.2 lbs. It'll be back down in no time, and that's pretty awesome after vacation! I also kept the candy to a minimum yesterday, but I may have had quite a bit of carrot cake :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd rather run in the rain any day! I still have Easter candy, it's not really a big deal for me to only eat a bit at a time. I actually always have tons of candy, so it's no different than any other day of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete