Thursday, April 14, 2011

Morning - the speed edition

Today/Miscellaneous:
Michael travels quite a bit for work, which makes weekday mornings very interesting. :-) Here's a brief sampling from today:

4:45 am - I'm woken up by someone staring in my face, telling me that his blanket is "lost". I stagger down to Nick's room, & find it on the floor. Apparently, he could find his way to my room at 4:45, but couldn't lift the blanket from the floor back to his bed.
5:15 am - still attempting to fall back asleep. Thinking of all the things I need to do this morning. Consider getting up & running on the treadmill. Reject that idea. Fall back asleep.
6:00 am - wake up, make coffee, run a load of laundry, pack gym clothes, slice fruit for breakfast
6:30 am - first boy wakes up (Nick), who then decides to wake up second boy (Sam). Get a Transformers cartoon going for the boys so I can make their choice of breakfast - waffles.
7:00 am - make waffles & the rest of breakfast, scarf down my own breakfast, remind boys to eat their food 727 times while I clean up the kitchen.
7:30 am - get out all clothes for the boys, corral them into changing (Sam can get his own clothes on, but it takes 10+ minutes, & Nick needs assistance), brushing their teeth, etc.
7:40 am - realize I have 10 minutes left in the morning & I am still wearing pajamas & I look like a wreck. Start madly washing face, brushing teeth, reminding kids (again) to finish their breakfast, throw on some eyeliner & lip gloss
7:45 am - grab the first pair of jeans I can see in my closet & proceed to build an outfit around that. I will be showering today, but it will be after my work out at lunch. I promise that I don't skip showers.
7:50 am - find all three lunches that I packed last night, wrangle the kids into the garage for shoes & coats, & we're off!
8:00 am - school drop off
8:15 am - emergency Starbucks run to help me get through the four hours of meetings I have this morning. Skinny caramel macchiato - you complete me.

On the way to school, I was trying to remind the boys of the importance of breakfast, & was drawing a comparison between cars needing fuel, & how they need fuel. How breakfast is the most important meal of the day, etc. After about 90 seconds, my four year old interrupted me & said, "Mommy, that's a lot of talking." Nice. Nothing but love. :-)

Outfit:
It's cold, cold, cold in Washington, but I'm pushing on as though spring is here & wearing my sandals. I'm sick of boots!



Black jacket - Banana Republic
Fuchsia short sleeved top - Ann Taylor Loft
Amethyst necklace - Tiffany & co
Jeans - Sevens, circa 2002?
Black sandals - Ann Taylor Loft
Hair sticking up in the front, no shower & general lack of makeup - all mine, courtesy of my cutie pies

Running:
Today is my last planned run before my 5K on Sunday. And, I found out that my best friend is considering training for the 1/2 marathon with me in July. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Kristy! It would be so much fun to have a partner in pain. :-) We are heading to Las Vegas for a girls only trip the weekend following the half marathon, so that would be perfect motivation to get bikini ready while training. If you're wondering how I could possibly plan to run a 1/2 marathon in July when I'm just getting comfortable running a 5K. . . please join me in that thought. ;-) My goal is actually to be able to run 1/2 of it, and I'm okay with walking the over half. If I can run more than that, outstanding, but that's my goal at the moment. I kick start my official training next week, after my 5K. I just want to build another goal into my schedule, so I stay motivated with my running.

Question:
What is your morning routine like?

3 comments:

  1. Your morning routine is crazy! I have 2 babies but they're cats which makes my morning waaaay easier than yours! I'm so impressed you managed to look so put together every day even with all that going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to do awesome in your half marathon!! Just be consistent with your training and you'll be fine! That was my biggest mistake, not sticking to my training plan. Having a friend/running partner will make a world of difference!

    GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, my morning routine with the baby is so easy compared to your morning! Also, she can't tell me I'm talking too much and I like that :)

    ReplyDelete