I am very excited, because when I got on the scale this morning, I discovered that I only have 5 pounds of baby weight left. I'm officially in the home stretch! Michael & I are having a fabulous adult only weekend in Las Vegas over Memorial Day (36 days away, not that I'm counting down or anything), & my goal is to have officially lost the baby weight by that trip.
Trina Turk Palm Sola Bandeau - Nordstrom
Today is my cross-train/strength day. I'm planning to do 30 minutes on the bike, 30 minutes on the elliptical, & then arms/abs/back. For those of you who are currently training or have trained before for a 1/2 marathon, do you have a training plan you would recommend? I just started yesterday, & I'm currently doing the Fitness intermediate training plan. But I discovered that it's only 8 weeks, & I have 12 weeks until the 1/2.
I tried a protein smoothie for the first time yesterday, & it wasn't bad. I think I still need to work on tweaking it, but it was drinkable. I blended apple juice, greek yogurt, protein powder, a banana & frozen strawberries together. Next time I'll cut the apple juice & greek yogurt & add water.
- Breakfast: coffee, gatorade (post-run), coffee, protein smoothie, split an egg on a bagel thin with Michael
- Snack: handful of dried fruit/nuts
- Lunch: apple, 1/2 of a chipotle burrito bowl, chocolate milk
- Snack: mandarin, apple
- Dinner: tortellini with 1 tbsp shaved parmesan, diced tomato, edamame
I'm thinking that these pants are ready to retire, unless I can get them to shrink. Which is a bummer, because I love them! They are getting baggy in the crotch region, which is never cute. And yes, I did cut my head off, but managed to get my shoes in the picture today. Small steps, people. :-)
- Black cardigan with jewel buttons - Ann Taylor Loft
- Purple gathered shell - Ann Taylor Loft
- Silver necklace - Macy's
- Black cropped pants - Jcrew, City Fit
- Black wedges - Alfani (Macy's)
- Dorky smile & frizzy hair - still mine!