Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm average

Weight:
I am so very excited, because I hit a big milestone in my weight loss today. As of this moment (and, down to the ounces, exactly) I am officially no longer overweight. I'm just average! :-) My BMI is 24.9, so right on the very cusp between average & overweight, but I plan on bringing that down. My current weight is higher than the weight I feel good at, and I still have some baby weight to lose, but I'm so happy to be back in the healthy range. Wooooooooooooo!

Food:
I had a great eating day yesterday, & felt like I made all of my calories count - except for the macchiato, but I limit those to one per week. (As background, I try to keep my calories around the 1400 range, so that I can continue to lose weight.) My goal every day is to stick to my calorie plan, and eat 5 servings of fruit & vegetables/day. I may not hit 5 every day, but I try to add fruit & vegetables whenever possible.
  • Breakfast - homemade waffle with 1/2 a Greek yogurt. Coffee. Strawberries.
  • Snack - skinny caramel macchiato
  • Pre-workout snack - Dr. Kracker, carrots, hummus
  • Lunch - Banana, apple, 2 slices of turkey + 1 small piece of havarti
  • Snack before dinner - handful of cashews + mandarin
  • Dinner - sauteed vegetables with an egg & part of a chicken sausage. 1/4 of a waffle with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter.
Running:
I had an excellent run yesterday. I took it easy so that I will be fresh & ready for my 5K on Sunday, but for the first time ever, I felt like I could have easily pushed it past 3 miles. I didn't, but I feel confident that I can start progressing to 4 miles. I ran 3.46 miles in 36 minutes, so just over my 10 minute pace that I want to hit on Sunday. My goal for the race is to be below 35 minutes. I'd love to be at/under 30 minutes, but I'm not sure if that's realistic for my first ever race.

I decided to run outside yesterday at lunch, because when I got my clothes on, it wasn't raining. Exactly at the half way point of my run, it started pouring. Buckets. And I was wearing sunglasses, and had to tuck them into the waist band of my pants. Running with sunglasses poking you in your groin is really not that fun. And, it was 40 degrees, I could see my breath, it was windy, & the weather was terrible. But I did great, and I'm thrilled about it. Can't wait for Sunday!

Outfit:
Here's what I have going on today.

Once again, it's hard to see the color of things with my awesome photography skills. . .
Dark wine colored sweater - Aritzia. Brand is Wilfred.
Cream tank - Ann Taylor Loft
Always Skinny Jeans (dark rinse) - Gap
Black flats - Ann Taylor Loft
Silver circle necklace - courtesy of my mom & sister when I had my first child. Tiffany & Co.

I'm using a new moisturizer, & I feel like it's making my skin look better all around. I'm on week 1, so I'll keep you posted if I notice anything else, as you're supposed to see big changes by the 8th week. It's the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream (night time formula). This is purely my opinion, and I'm not being paid to tell you this. I bought the lotion myself at Rite Aid last week. But I think battling wrinkles as we age is a fairly common desire. ;-) I'm 35, for full disclosure.

Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream - Night

Anyone have any big weekend plans? Michael is coming home from his business trip tonight, so I'm excited to see him. We may be going out for pizza (the boys favorite thing in the world), so I'll keep the calories under control and limit myself to one glass of wine. My small peeps have soccer practice on Saturday morning, & then I have to hit the pre-race to pick up my shirt or something. Never done this before, so not sure what it entails. And on Sunday, I'm running my first 5K. Not that I've mentioned that before. ;-)

Care to share your favorite moisturizer?

Are you worried about wrinkles yet, or are you in that blissfully unaware stage in your 20s? (I'm jealous if so!)

6 comments:

  1. I suppose I'm still in the blissfully unaware stage, haha! Sunscreen and moisturizer is all I'm focusing on right now.
    Congrats on your run yesterday. That 5K is going to be a piece of cake for you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about starting to use an anti-wrinkle cream a lot lately, probably because I have hit my 30's (well, I am 30). I'm just not sure of which one to try. Right now, I use Cetaphil daily moisturing lotion with an SPF of 15 by day, and Ponds night cream at night. I actually wish that Cetaphil made a anti-aging cream, but sadly they do not.

    Congrats on your weigh loss breakthrough! That's gotta be such a great feeling. Good luck in your race on Sunday...you're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being average!

    I don't worry about wrinkles, but I do worry about the sun so I always wear Aveeno face sunscreen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice about microwaving eggs--I hadn't thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right around your age and I've been using "special" face lotion for a while. I don't know if it helps, but hey, it's worth a shot!
    Congrats on the weight loss! That is not easy and you should be really proud! Good luck on your race on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, congrats! That is a HUGE milestone! : )

    I'm def. already thinking about wrinkle prevention. Just the other day I noticed I have forehead line, which I've never ever had before. I love using somewhat nice wrinkle creams at night to try and help my face stay young even though I just turned 28. I used to tan a lot in highschool and college so I also try and advoid the sun now or wear high spf like 50 or 80!

    ReplyDelete