Friday, April 22, 2011

Too Soon

After I posted about how I was having such an amazing day at the beach, my youngest son threw up all over the dinner table. It kind of killed the mood. I guess I spoke too soon. :-)

Nonetheless, it's been an absolutely beautiful day at the beach. I think it got up to 65, no wind, & we sat on the deck drinking margaritas & listening to the ocean while the kids painted Easter eggs. Life is good. I didn't take any new beach pictures, but it basically looked this this today, minus the clouds. :-)


Running:
I had a fabulous run today. My training plan called for 5 miles, which is the longest I've ever done! I set a goal to finish in one hour, knowing that I would need to walk a bit. I ended up doing 5.62 miles on a loop in a state park that was breathtaking, and I finished in exactly one hour. The craziest part? I told myself that I could walk once I hit the 5 mile mark, but the last .62 miles were the easiest of the entire run for me . . . I had finally hit a groove & enjoyed that part of the run the most. It was awesome!!

Food:
Yesterday's food was good, overall. Still a little short on the total of fruit & vegetables I was aiming for, but I'll take it.
  • Breakfast - bagel thin with an egg, spinach, & feta cheese + coffee & strawberries
  • Snack - dried fruit & nuts. (LOVE Trader Joe's Trek Mix with pineapple & cherries)
  • Lunch - peanut butter & jelly after my run, plus cottage cheese, & an apple
  • Snack - Mandarin
  • Dinner - 1 glass of wine, tortellini with lots of tomatoes
  • Snack - handful of dried fruit/nuts on the road to the beach

I did manage to take a picture of the sunset from our deck, and it was gorgeous. Sunset at the beach always makes me happy. :-)


No outfit post today, I'm wearing jeans & a black tshirt. Super glamorous. :-) But I did hit up the Nike outlet today & picked up a bunch of shirts for running - they were having a 40% off sale, so some of their clearance items were $7 for Dri Fit. I also picked up a pair of Tempo Shorts. I'm not convinced that I can pull them off, but at least I have the option if I decide to go for it once the weather gets warmer. :-)

Happy Friday to you all!

3 comments:

  1. wow that's a fantastic run!! I wish I could runt that far without stopping! I want to attempt 4 miles today...but it's so yucky out that it's hard to get motivated :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that beach view your view? Wow...its breathtaking! Sounds like you guys had a lovely weekend, sans the vomiting, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - I wish! The town we're in is the one you can see right by the beach area. Our house is a couple of blocks of the beach.

    Krista - my first ever 4 miler was Tuesday, so I feel you. For me, it's so hard to mentally convince myself that I can go further than I thought. Yesterday was huge for me. We shall see what today holds! :-)

    ReplyDelete