Birthday party fun.
I love that Nick has three cousins, all close in age. These boys make every party fun.
A little brotherly love. . .
And then I saw a few lovely pictures of myself. Let's just say that I'm . . . not very photogenic. I'm cursed with a round face, my friends. When you have a round face, it's all about the angle.
Here's me with my sister, last year, at almost exactly the same weight I'm at now (I'm currently two pounds higher). . normal looking face:
And, then there's this glamour shot. . . Hello, there, triple chin! I'm photogenically challenged, I think:
And, this morning.
Pictures from the side are NOT GOOD. Must remember to pose more during photos. :-) This picture was great inspiration for dropping the last ten pounds!
Last week's workouts:
I had a pretty light week, with no running! My original plan was to take a few days off to recover from my half, but then I got a nasty cold, so I stuck to cross training & took it very easy. Here's what I actually did, along with my calorie intake for the day. I'm starting to notice a trend, where I am hungrier on days when I don't work out. . . Not what I was expecting, but it appears there may be some scientific support for this.
- Monday - Rest day (planned). 1429 calories
- Tuesday - Rest day (unplanned) + power yoga. 2000 calories.
- Wednesday - 30 minutes on the elliptical + legs. 1510 calories
- Thursday - 40 minutes of biking + arms + pilates. 1231 calories.
- Friday - Rest day (unplanned). 1454 calories.
- Saturday - 35 minutes of elliptical + 35 minutes on the bike + arms & legs. 1544 calories.
- Sunday - Rest day (unplanned). 1542 calories
This week's workouts:
Today officially kicks off a new training plan for the Mother's Day Half in May. I really, really want to stick to the workouts, focus on speed and getting more hill training in. Here's what I'm planning for the week ahead:
- Monday - 4 mile easy strides (with 4/30 second sprints) + arms. Power yoga this evening.
- Tuesday - 45 minutes of cross training + legs. Pilates in the evening.
- Wednesday - 2 speed repeats, for a total of 4 miles.
- Thursday - 60 minutes of cross training + arms. Power yoga in the evening.
- Friday - Burlesque or Zumba with a friend.
- Saturday - Run GPR, for a total of 5 miles.
- Sunday - 5 mile run + arms/legs & pilates.