Here are 10 things that I'm happy about today.
- I'm working too much. . . because I actually enjoy my job. It's been years since I could say that.
- I'm getting into the routine of waking up at 5:00 am & working out. It's AMAZING. Not the waking up early part, but the knowing you're done & nothing will come up & foil your plans.
- My kids are at the best ages ever. Sam's seven & Nick's turning six next week. Sam has "girlfriends", they tell jokes, they keep each other company now when the other one takes a bath. They read each other books, it's awesome.
4. Never been more in love with this guy. We've hit our stride, helped greatly by overall reduced stress, kids who sleep through the night, & just figuring out how to parent two young kids.
6. I posted last year that Sam was really struggling in school & every day was full of so much stress & drama with his teacher. This year? He's doing amazing, & (insert small mom brag) just got tested for the gifted program. His teacher is so fabulous & I feel so grateful that he goes to school every day & feels confident again.
At Yogurtland, following an eight hour IQ test on a Saturday. Poor guy survived like a champ. Last year he couldn't focus for an hour. This year? He rocked out an eight hour test. He's an amazing kid & has come SO far. Love this boy.
7. This guy is turning 6 in a week or so. And, he's pretty damn hysterical. And, moody & emotional, & loving, & sensitive, & as always. . . the surprise of my life.
8. Michael & I are having a "date" on Saturday. Our first date since our anniversary in October. I'm so dang excited, I don't even know what to do with myself.
9. Yoga is making me feel GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Why did you all keep it such a secret? I had no idea I would feel so good?!
10. Oh, and there's that minor thing I'm doing on Saturday. Before my date night, of course. My third half marathon. So, so, so excited!!!
What are you happy about today? Share the joy! :-)