Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shake that booty

We're leaving for a weekend at the beach tonight, & I'm excited! We have a house on the Oregon coast, & love to spend as much time as possible there. We will be spending tonight, Friday, & Saturday night at the beach, & then driving to my parents house (halfway between the beach house & our Seattle house) for Easter on Sunday. Can't wait! It even looks like the weather will be halfway decent. I was able to run on some trails by the ocean last time we were at the coast, & loved it, so I'm very excited about running this weekend.

Running:
Yesterday my training plan called for 30-60 minutes of cross training, plus strength & stretching. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, followed by 30 minutes on the bike. I then worked my arms and abs, and stretched out/foam rolled a bit. I was definitely sweating by the end of my workout.

My plan today calls for my first ever speed repeat work (jog 15 minutes, then run 1 mile at push it pace - 8 on a scale of 1 to 10, jog 2 minutes. Repeat). I'll admit, I'm a little nervous!

Food:
Yesterday was an okay eating day. I had a fabulous day until after dinner. I ate extremely well & stuck to my plan. But, I should have had a bigger dinner. I was very hungry, & opted to have something light to stay on track with my calories. I'm sure you can imagine what happened (as I should be able to predict, because I've had this experience many times in the past. Eventually I will learn). :-) As I was packing the kids lunches, I ate a bunch of Pirates Booty. I have no objection to The Booty (as my little guy calls it), but if I was hungry, I should have eaten a more substantial dinner that added some nutrition to my day. Ahhhh, well. Two steps forward, one step back. I am planning on having another great weekend with my diet & workouts at the beach, and need it to stay on track & not let every weekend getaway/holiday cause a gain, so I have a plan for what I'll be eating & when I'll be working out! I love a good plan. :-)

Yesterday's recap:
  • Breakfast - bagel thin with egg, & 1/2 a laughing cow cheese, banana, coffee
  • Snack - Chobani yogurt
  • Lunch - 1/2 Chipotle burrito bowl, apple, edamame
  • Snack - chocolate milk
  • Dinner - edamame, cottage cheese, apple, handful of nuts
  • Snack - pirates booty.
Outfit:
Here's what I'm wearing today:
White 3/4 length cardigan - Jcrew, Audrey
Fuschia tank with silver detailing - Ann Taylor Loft
Pink necklace - Nordstrom
Jeans - Joes, Honey Fit
Shoes - American Eagle brown peep-toe wedges

Random things:
With everything going on in the world, this is what people are upset about? The Jcrew ad showing one of their execs painting her small son's toenails? Really? http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/11/jcrew-ad-showing-boy-pink-nail-polish-sparks-debate-gender-identity/  Give me a break.

What are your big weekend plans? And, more importantly, if you're celebrating Easter this weekend, what are you planning on wearing? I'm still going back & forth because of the weather, & because I'm neurotic & insist that everyone in my family  (Michael + the kids) color coordinate. Yes, I'm nuts. :-)

9 comments:

  1. Hey! Saw your comment... my email is on my Story page, not on my Home page. But it's stephanieframe1 at gmail.com : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a second... the beach?! TAKE ME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous about your weekend getaway! Not sure about the Easter celebrations yet since it's just me and hubs and no family...we'll see!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun this weekend! Those jeans look fabulous on you!! Keep it up skinny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie - come any time & we can run by the ocean! And discuss your favorite topic - gaming. ;-)

    Vanessa - you need to post pictures so we can see your outfit, at least!

    Krista - thanks! Costco. They have great deals on jeans. I just picked up a pair of Rock & Republic for $65. Super cute. I may need to have a few ribs removed to fit into them, but I've been told that they stretch. We shall see. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big weekend plans = seeing Ke$ha tomorrow. Sure I'm in my 30s and my husband rented a limo for me and our friends for the occasion but I don't think that makes us look like total losers at all. ;-) Ok, maybe it does but I can't wait! There may or may not be a sequined dress involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Pirate's Booty! I don't love the price tag, but the Giant has a generic version that's pretty decent.

    Your weekend sounds like it's going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara - get the Pirate's Booty at Costco! Much cheaper there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the jeans too! joes are one of my fav brands!
    About the article...wow. I have painted my son's toes pink before too. AND we went to a bike store so he could pick out a bike. He didn't get one because he wanted pink and they didn't have a pink one. His fav color right now is pink. He's five. He wants to marry his mom and his mom's fav color happens to be pink. As a mental health professional myself I think people need to get over it...you can't influences a child's sexuality and especially by painting his toe nails pink. Ach. End of rant! =) Sorry about that!!

    ReplyDelete