Saturday, May 14, 2011

Making up for lost time

I did actually post on Thursday, but my post never got restored, so I'm giving up on it. :-)

Outfit:
Here's a quick look from Friday:


Details:
  • Black sheer polka dot printed top - Limited
  • Black tank (under the top) - Ann Taylor Loft
  • Black Audrey sweater - Jcrew
  • Dark wash jeans - 7, Dojo
  • Black Patent flats - Nordstrom

Food:
I've been eating well, & staying on track. I have less than two weeks until my vacation starts, so I am trying to keep the calories under control & eliminate unecessary junk from my diet.

Running:
I've been sticking to my training plan, and ran 4:13 miles on Thursday in 43:02 minutes. On Friday I ran 5:44 miles in 1 hour, 3 minutes. I had a great run today, which I'll recap tomorrow. And, I'm supposed to do my longest run ever - I'll admit, I'm a little nervous about the 12 miles! I did go out and get a belt to hold my water, so hopefully that will be a huge improvement over last weekend. :-)

Oh, and in a non-running related fail, the weather here is awesome & I was super excited to wear a new dress. I put it on, and decided it needed a belt. I belted it, and cut off the tag from my new belt, and managed to cut a hole in my new dress. Uhhh, yeah. Thanks for wasting $30 without ever getting to wear it! I was so irritated with myself. What kind of dork cuts tags off her belt while she's wearing it?!! Yeah, that would be me. I suck.

What are you up to this weekend? Any big runs planned?
We were supposed to go out to dinner tonight (date night), but that got cancelled, so I'm currently watching Berentstain Bears with the boys & tomorrow I have my big 12 mile run. *nervous*

What are your favorite running songs?
I'm currently obsessed with Adele "Set Fire to the Rain". Obsessed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so HAPPY I inspired you to buy Cherry Juice!!! try some before/after a hard run (maybe your 12 miler!?) It's powerful stuff.

    I get body glide at sports authority -- any running store should have it. Maybe even target would have it.

    Running belts seem so...awkward. I just seek out water fountains when I run, or bring $2 for 7-11.

    and for running music: right now I dig Big Boi and Girl Talk. and, of course, britney

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO! I am so stoked about winning, I never win anything. SO THANK YOU!!

    Don't worry about your dress, I do stuff like that too. There's a shirt sitting in the back of my truck right now because I bought it, ripped the tags off, and it doesnt fit so I don't know what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete