Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful Mom.
- Black ballerina sweater - Jcrew
- Black tank top - Ann Taylor Loft
- Black drop necklace - Nordstrom
- Red skirt - Jcrew
- Black strappy sandals - Ralph Lauren
- Goofy expression - courtesy of a long weekend!
Me with my little guy on the beach. Yes, those are pink cupcake rain boots. :-)
I ate pretty well over the weekend, with the exception of Friday. I was way too hungry & ended up snacking a bunch before dinner, which is never a good ideas.
Here's yesterday's recap:
- Breakfast - broccoli, feta, egg on a bagel thin + sliced fruit
- Lunch - turkey sandwich + pretzels & hummus
- Snack - mixed nuts & 5 cheese nips
- Dinner - 2 glasses of wine, a leftover hamburger patty, handful of baked chips, & 1/2 a piece of corn
Let's just say this about my six mile run yesterday - fear is a powerful motivator. I ran on a trail at a state park yesterday, even though it was pouring rain & unpleasant outside. I was about two miles in, when I saw this on the trail
Yes, that's a bobcat. To say that I was completely freaked out would be a huge understatement. I wasn't sure how old the bobcat was, or if an angry mama bobcat would be coming after me, so I decided it would be wise to put some distance between myself and the cat. I didn't really want to get eaten by a wild animal - it was Mother's Day, after all.
I ran a 6 minute mile. For those of you who keep track, I normally do a 10 minute mile, so I pretty much needed CPR when I got to the end of the trail. And, I threw up on the road on the way home. Good times were had by all, but I survived, so all is well with the world.
I'm going to take pictures of my swag tonight, but here's what I'm giving away.
- A NARS lip gloss set + a surprise bag of treats I picked up at a cute candy shop at the beach
- A Kate Spade bracelet (similar to this) + a surprise bag of treats I picked up at a cute candy shop at the beach
- And, a collection of protein bars + a surprise bag of treats I picked up at a cute candy shop at the beach
1) Follow this blog and add a comment below (or tell me that you're already a follower)
2) For extra entries, do any of the following:
- Post about the giveaway on your blog and add a comment below telling me that you have
- Tell me your favorite flavor of salt water taffy in the comments.
- Answer the questions below in the comments
I'll pick three winners on Thursday via random number!
How was your weekend?
What's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you while you were running?
Can anyone identify the beach in the picture above?