Sunday, March 6, 2011

Welcome!

Hi, and welcome to my intro blog post. I'm a 35 year old mother of two in Seattle, who is finally learning to enjoy running. Finally, because I had a disastrous experience running in middle school, and am just now recovering. Because, you know, being a moderately chubby 13 year old + spandex + being the slowest runner on the team was all kinds of no bueno. On top of that, if you're not particularly fast, your only option is to do the distance runs. Which generally meant that I had to do both the 1 & 2 mile races at each event. For me, it wasn't so much a race as world's most painful slow jog while being mocked by other middle schoolers. Anyway, fond memories & good times. Purple spandex, I'll never forget you. :-)

After years of blocking my wonderful running past, I've decided that it's time to get over it & start enjoying running. My husband has been a fan for years, and I'd love for us to be able to run together without me needing oxygen support and lifesaving measures. And of course, I'd love to lose the baby weight that has generally gathered around my mid section and back. Baby's got some serious back. . .

I have tons of questions & experiences as I start out & I am seriously a novice. The first few months I couldn't even run a mile. I'm now up to running 1.5 miles without stopping (at a snails pace, but all the same) & am planning to do my first race (a 5K) in April. I'm excited & nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment