Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Improving my speed

I am using the word "speed" loosely here, because I'm currently running 11:40ish minute miles. Today I decided to really push myself & eventually bumped it up to 6.0 mph (aka 10 minute mile). I can definitely, definitely feel my legs. I did 3 miles total, but that included a bit of walking. I think I did about 2.25 running & .75 walking, and the running varied from 5.3-6 mph.

I feel great & can't wait to continue to improve my times. Although today was the first time I ever experienced some serious chub rub. Ouch.

Before the run, with the treadmill in the background:

After the run - feeling like I might hurl a bit (and, rockin' out to Avril Lavigne's What the Hell. What can I say - I enjoy the angst-y Canadian):

Oh, & I'm not naked (wearing a sports bra) & I'm in the privacy of my own home. I would have left the shirt on for the gym - I promise. I try not to freak people out with my marshmallow arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment