Friday, March 11, 2011

Best breakfast ever

This morning I made these fabulous babies. (Again, I'm a terrible photographer. I'm trying to convince Michael to get me photography lessons for Mother's Day. Hint, hint. :-))


Apple cinnamon pancakes, with strawberry Chobani yogurt for dipping.

Here's the recipe (adapted from Fitness magazine - couldn't find it online):
Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes:

  • In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup oats & 1/3 cup skim milk. Let stand 5 minutes.
  • Add 1/4 cup grated apple & 1 beaten egg.
  • Add 2 tsp wheat germ, & 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
  • Add 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of pancake mix.
  • Mix well.
  • Heat a skillet over medium heat. (I sprayed with Pam  - the recipe calls for Canola oil. Worked fine without).
  • Add 1/4 of the batter & cook, flipping once until pancake is lightly browned on both sides.
  • Makes 4 small panckes (2 servings).
  • Serve with 1/2 cup Greek yogurt.
  • Approximately 300 calories for 1 serving (probably less because I skipped the canola oil).
Easy & extremely filling!

And, what I know you've all been waiting for (ha, ha). Here's my outfit today.
-Pink Ann Taylor Loft sweater
-Cream Ann Taylor Loft tank top
-Jcrew Gold/cream pearl necklace
-Dark wash Gap Skinny jeans
-Tall black boots that you can't see
-As usual, dorky security badge & confused facial expression - all mine.

How is your Friday going? I'm (I think?!) training for a Half Marathon in July, so I'm working on my first week's training plan. Today calls for a 3 mile run, which will be my longest ever. Send prayers & good luck - I will need it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment