Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's a beautiful day!

Wow - 62 degrees & sunny outside. I couldn't let an opportunity like that pass me by, given that spring in Washington is notoriously cool & cloudy.

First off, I conned Michael into taking a few pictures this morning before I left for work.:
He took this from a weird angle, but you get the gist.

A few things to note.
1) I'm the whitest person in the world. I use a moisturizer with a drop of self tanner on my face once/week, and I am ghostly on the rest of my body. No spray tan, rub on tan, etc has ever worked for me. And you can bet that I have tried them all. Check out my feet - it may look like I'm wearing white socks, but sadly, not.
2) I don't have time for much makeup in the morning. I have two small kids to get ready & we have to be out the door by 7:45. I generally stick to: eye liner, mascara, blush & lip gloss. Apparently, a hair brush is optional.
3) I have a longer post coming on why my hair is 3 different colors and heinous on so many levels. Promise.
4) I thought my arms were getting toned & shrinking down, but the tree trunks remain. I need to start lifting!

Outfit:
Purple sweater - BCBG
Black tank top - Ann Taylor Loft
Black City Fit Capris - Jcrew
Black patent ballet flats - Nordstrom

I hit up the office, wrangled a few meetings, & hustled home to run at lunch. So I could try out my new Garmin. Of course, it wasn't charged & I couldn't find the instructions. Fail. Not to let that stop me, I did two loops around a trail near our house, which is exactly 3 miles. Finished in 35 minutes. I ran 75% of that, walked 25%. All in all, today was by far the most relaxing & enjoyable run I've ever had. The weather was gorgeous, at times during the run, my body actually seemed to know what it was doing, & it was infinitely better than the treadmill. Success! If I had anyone to manage my small people tonight, I would totally try to get outside again. But, it's swimming lesson night, and another run isn't going to happen. C'est La Vie.

Post run, feeling good:
No idea why my headband is sitting that far back, like a crown. Clearly, not doing the job of keeping the hair & sweat out of my face.

I was so hungry after my lunch that I literally scarfed down cottage cheese, edamame, and a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment