I'm trying to find shoes that don't rub against my swollen ankle, hence the less than appropriate sandals at work. My office doesn't have a dress code, but I usually try & keep things a little more business casual.
- Pink sweater - Jcrew, Audrey
- Cream tank top - Ann Taylor Loft
- White gold/pearl necklace - courtesy of my mother-in-law
- Black pants - Gap, Always Skinny
- Black beaded sandals - BCBG
I tried to really keep the calories under control yesterday, knowing I needed less fuel than usual since I'm not running. I was right around my target for the day and ate plenty of vegetables, but not enough fruit. I'll work on that today.
- Breakfast - 1 piece of wheat toast + egg sauteed with spinach & feta cheese, coffee & pineapple
- Snack - nuts/dried fruit
- Lunch - Mini luna bar, salad, cottage cheese
- Snack - apple
- Dinner - 2 mini burgers (homemade) with mustard & sliced tomatoes + edamame
- Snack - apple + 2 crackers & 1 small slice of turkey as I was packing lunches
I didn't run yesterday, but I did go to the gym & work on strength training for my arms & abs. I also tried the elliptical & found that as long as I cut the resistance way down (level 5), I could manage. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical until my ankle starting hurting a bit, & then moved on to the rowing machine. I did 15 minutes on the rowing machine. It sucked to be at the gym & barely breaking a sweat. I know it was good just to get in there & get moving, but I love the feeling of sweat dripping off my face after a run, and the endorphin high afterward.
What is the dress code for your office? What do you typically wear to work (if you don't work outside your house, what do you normally wear?)