Sunday, May 1, 2011

I did it!

More to come tomorrow, but I ran 8.4 miles today! I had to split my run in two. I was running with my friend today & we're training for the 1/2 marathon, but she's at the beginning of her training plan, so I knew she wouldn't be able to do 8 miles.

After breakfast, I left the house & did 4.4 miles in 46 minutes. I came home, scarfed down more food, & drove to my friend's house. She'd never been on the trail before, & it was VERY hilly! I almost died on the last uphill. Anyway, she did amazingly well & we did 4 miles together.

I'm now very tired. :-) I have a few pictures to post tomorrow & I'll add additional details.

Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Great job on the your run(s)!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. My friend has been training for a 25K in a couple weeks and last weekend we went for a run together. She had to do a long run (12 miles!!) and I was determined just to accomplish 4, so she ran 8 by herself and then met up with me to finish! Nothing wrong with splitting it up :)

    ReplyDelete