I have a meeting today and needed to dress up a bit:
- Black sweater with gold bead buttons - JCrew
- Black and gold necklace - Jcrew
- Blue short-sleeved sweater - Banana Republic
- Black pants - Gap, Alway Skinny
- Black patent flats - Nordstrom
- And yes, the zit from 2 weeks ago is still hanging around. What a delight.
Yesterday was a decent eating day, but my plan to have a big chicken salad for dinner was spoiled. After I got everything assembled, Michael pointed out that the chicken was not cooked all the way through. Drat. I recooked the chicken for another meal, but settled on a turkey sandwich for dinner. Boring, & not the 3-4 servings of vegetables I had planned.
- Snack (pre-workout at 5 am) - Mini Luna bar
- Breakfast - coffee & banana + 2 pieces of Persian bread with feta cheese & strawberries
- Lunch - 1 mini piece of pizza + cottage cheese + edamame
- Snack - carrots, hummus, & Dr Kracker + an apple
- Snack #2 - small handful of trail mix
- Dinner - Turkey sandwich and bowl of sliced fruit
I got up at the crack of dawn yesterday to squeeze in my cross train workout. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical & stretching. I was still a bit sore from my Saturday/Sunday run combo, so I took it easy. I have to run on the treadmill today at lunch, and I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to being back on the 'mill. My training plan combined with my life requires maximum flexibility & sometimes the gym just works better in the middle of the day, so I'll give it my best shot!
Question for you:
How do you handle eating & working out on vacation? Do you have any tips or tricks for staying on plan, or do you kick back and enjoy yourself?