My four year old (Nick) is on the cusp of giving up his nap, and it's a very unpleasant phase. If he doesn't take a nap, he's like a rabid animal around 4:30 pm. If he does take a nap, he won't got to sleep until 10 pm, and then he's up multiple times a night, standing by my bedside, watching me sleep until I wake up & freak out because I hear someone breathing in my face. He was up four times last night. Suffice it to say that I did not get up at 5:00 and go to the gym. I barely made it out the door for work. When I got to his preschool to drop him off this morning, I asked them to cut out the nap, and one of his teachers mentioned that they let him sleep for over three hours yesterday. Why oh why would you let him sleep for three hours? Do you not like me? Was my last teacher appreciation gift not quite right? Are you just plain evil?! Anyway, enough of that. I have a crazy schedule this week, so it's going to take quite the effort to make up the workout I missed this morning. C'est la vie.
The weather here is trying to decide if it wants to be spring or winter, hence the mixed bag of a cardigan with sandals. Just go with it, folks.
- Black long cardigan - Ann Taylor Loft
- Black and white striped tank top - Express
- Mixed metal necklace - Nordstrom, courtesy of my lovely mother
- Black belt - Ann Taylor Loft
- Jeans - Seven stretch jeans, circa 9 years ago?
- Black wedge sandals - Alfani
- Bags under my eyes and otherwise messy look- courtesy of my adorable four year old
I feel like I'm always hungrier the day after a long run. It was a bit of a struggle yesterday to stay on track, but I managed. I needed more fruit than I squeezed in, but got in 6 servings of vegetables.
- Breakfast - coffee, strawberries, egg with sauteed spinach on a bagel thin
- Snack - trail mix
- Lunch - edamame, tomato basil soup, 1 slice of cheese
- Snack - luna bar (between meetings. Should have had fruit, but needed to grab something quickly)
- Dinner - a few bites of random stuff while I prepped dinner & packed lunches (cottage cheese, dried fruit) + my actual dinner of a small serving of barbecued chicken & rice
- Snack - apple
If you've read the last few posts, you know I was contemplating signing up for an earlier 1/2 marathon. I did it! I'm now officially signed up for a 1/2 on June 5th. I'm super excited (& nervous!). We're traveling a bunch between now & then, so it's nice to have a motivating event to keep me on track.
Tell me what the weather is like where you're at! We're on the cusp of a very late spring here in Seattle. It's supposed to be 70 degrees for the first time in 8+ months this weekend, so break out the sunglasses! I, of course, will be at the beach for a family event, and it's predicted to be 55 and rainy on the coast. Just my luck! :-)