Add in the fact that I am just generally frustrated with my foot & not running, & it's rough. I made an appointment with a specialist, & I finally get to meet with him tomorrow. I'm very excited to at least get an opinion from someone who completely understands the injury, versus my general practitioner. Wish me luck.
Enough moaning & groaning in this post. I do not have the balls to post my current outfit picture, because it's just too tragic. I only have one pair of jeans that I can wear with flats/running shoes (I'm out of the boot until I meet with the specialist tomorrow & he can determine what's causing the pain), & I wore those yesterday. Which means today, I'm wearing a pair that is all gather-y at the bottom. With running shoes. At work. Which I am not a fan of. I feel like I don't look pulled together or professional. Anyway, here's what I wore yesterday. . . the fashion disasters continue.
- Pink sweater - Jcrew
- Blank short-sleeved shirt - Loft
- Mixed metal necklace - Nordstrom
- Jeans - 7, Dojo cut
- Shoes - New Balance
I did manage to work out yesterday, & did 60 minutes on the elliptical + 25 minutes on the bike. My trainer is sick & had to cancel today's session, but I'll be doing cardio + weights.
Yesterday was a good eating day - I'm obsessed with the protein smoothies at the gym, & get them as my reward when I work out. I know, food should never be a reward, but whatever. I need the motivation, folks. :-)
- Breakfast - sauteed spinach & egg on a bagel thin + fruit & coffee
- Lunch - protein smoothie + salad
- Snack - hummus, carrots & a handful of mini Dr Krackers
- Diner - 2 mini burgers + corn
- Snack - grapes
- The sunshine. Finally. In Seattle. Perfectly timed for the first day of summer.
- That my youngest son (Nick) didn't cry this morning when I dropped him off at his new school. He had a hard time with the transition to a different place/different kids/different teachers yesterday.
- I'm going on vacation with my parents & my husband in a few weeks, and I'm so excited. One thing I've noticed about having kids is that it's really hard to have adult conversations, so my parents rarely get a chance to talk to us and/or spend any adult time together, and we all get along well. Can't wait.
- We're taking the boys to Disneyland this summer! I've been dying to do this, and so happy that we finally got the dates worked out.
- My weight is the lowest it's been in 6 years, and I only have 1.6 pounds of baby weight left. Almost there!!
- That I'm FINALLY seeing a foot specialist tomorrow. First step on the road to recovery & running again.
- I'm going on a girls trip mid-July, and I could not be more excited about it. My sister, my best friend, + me. Sitting in the sunshine. Drinking adult beverages. Enjoying the cabana. Eating at fancy restaurants. Dressing up. Laughing. Having time to spend together. Yes!!