- It has *finally* stopped snowing. And, we didn't lose power. I'm feeling lucky.
- I made it to the gym today - I did 75 minutes of cardio (60 minutes on the elliptical, since I was kind of treadmill-ed out from being trapped out my house this week, & 15 minutes of running, because I didn't feel like I was sweaty enough at the end of the elliptical session. I also lifted did arms + abs. I feel like a million bucks after my workout. I also took the kids to lunch & the pool - trying to get the wigglies out, after the cabin fever we've all had this week.
- I'm obsessed with playing Bejeweled. (If you've never tried it, go here.) My eyes are nearly crossed from playing so much. Must.Stop.
- I've been cooking a lot, being trapped at home and all. Here are a few great recipe suggestions - banana wheat germ muffins. Kid friendly, & relatively healthy. No butter involved. Who doesn't love pizza? Our traditional after skiing meal is pizza. We buy the 8 packs of Boboli pizza crusts from Costco, and everyone gets individual pizzas, customized with the toppings of their choice. Sam likes pepperoni & cheese, Nick prefers plain cheese, & I always make this Chicken, Red Grape, & Pesto pizza for the adults. Sounds weird, but it's fabulous. And, I wanted to make a kid-friendly pasta dish yesterday that was healthier than a standard macaroni & cheese, & tried this White Cheddar Chicken Pasta. Yum! It was a hit all around.
- Tomorrow Michael & I are having a date! We try & squeeze one in once/month, and it's never enough. No clue what we're doing, but it will be child-free. Yay!!!!
Okay, tips or suggestions for date night tomorrow? Normally I love making a fancy dinner at home (sans kids) & cracking open a bottle of wine. But, that's out. We've spent a bunch of quality time at home this week. We have about 4 hours alone. Also, any good recipes you've tried lately? I'm in the mood to try something new!