Friday, May 3, 2013

Ten things Friday

Because, really, who can settle for five? :-) Especially when you're a sporadic blogger - fun things pile up!

I received the full results of my lab work last night, & the test results confirm what I've been thinking for the past few weeks. I have my appointment on Wednesday, but I've mentally prepared for the expected outcome & diagnosis. Michael & I had a long conversation last night about my need to think through how I will adjust my life, so I know and understand that I CAN handle this, and that I will make any and all changes necessary to have a healthy life, regardless of the diagnosis. He handles stress in a very different way, so it was nice to have that talk and share my thoughts. I haven't put anything into action yet, but I am prepared for next week in the best way that I can, and that makes me feel stronger and more confident, and more in control.

Enough of that - today is FRIDAY! Here's what's happening today:

  1. The weather forecast in Seattle (through the weekend) looks amazing. Seattle is a total clutch weather player - when it delivers, it delivers big. Cannot wait to be outside!
  2. Michael is going to Vancouver for his cousin's 50th birthday, so I'm on my own with my peeps. Weekend activities include: snuggle parties (on the floor on blankets, watching movies, with snacks, and of course, snuggling :-), laser tag, & bike rides to the park. In addition to the regular karate & swimming.
  3. I've discovered homemade popcorn. Why was I such a fool with that microwaved crap for so long? Homemade popcorn is amazing & easy, & the boys love it. Perfect for snuggle parties!
  4. Michael is making hamburgers tonight, & he is amazing on the barbecue. Can't wait. I also believe there are going to be margaritas involved. Sweet mercy!
  5. I'm going to try a couple of new recipes this weekend - one is for mango & greek yogurt sorbet, and the other is for a savory oatmeal with sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, & chicken sausage. Woo!
  6. I've mastered the art of bread making. And, everyone loves flaxseed bread in the family. Who would have thought?!
  7. I've decided that I'm out for my half marathon next weekend. Regardless of everything else involved, I haven't been able to train, and I'm not interested in injuring myself. Feels good to have a decision made, and this means I have more free time to indulge on Mother's Day. ;-)
  8. Related to number 7, Mother's Day plans involve - a massage, pedicure, a solid low-impact workout, Michael making me my favorite Persian dinner, cupcakes from my favorite place, and . . . wine.

       9. I've found a local babysitter!!!!!!!! I can't describe my happiness that I now have someone to call when Michael & I want an evening out. We've had bad luck with sitters in the past, & have not had a sitter more than a handful of times in seven years. So, so excited about this, which means - Date night!  Michael & I are going to dinner next Saturday to celebrate Mother's Day. Hmmmm, where should we go? The possibilities are endless.
      10.  love the innocence and confidence in kids. There is a boy in my son's class that he has befriended. The teacher mentioned that she moved Nick to specifically sit next to this little guy because he was struggling so much and Nick was a great influence. I check in with Nick on the ride home from school, and he is always so positive when I ask. (name of other child changed.) "How was school today, Nick." "Great, Bobby is really learning math, mommy. He's not as far along as I am, but he's working hard. Sometimes he gets distracted, but he's a really good boy and he's getting better every day." He is a fierce protector of his friend, says such motivating and positive things, and quite frankly, reminds me when I need to do better about this kind of stuff myself.

That's all I've got. What are you up to this weekend? What are you happy about today?



No comments:

Post a Comment