Monday, March 18, 2013

On not being photogenic, and a new running plan!

First things first. This weekend was my baby's 6th birthday. The first few years were hard (especially since are kids are very close in age), but the last few years have gone too fast. The boys say & do hilarious things, & I love this stage.

Birthday party fun.

I love that Nick has three cousins, all close in age. These boys make every party fun.

 
A little brotherly love. . .
 
 

And then I saw a few lovely pictures of myself. Let's just say that I'm . . . not very photogenic. I'm cursed with a round face, my friends. When you have a round face, it's all about the angle.

Here's me with my sister, last year, at almost exactly the same weight I'm at now (I'm currently two pounds higher). . normal looking face:


And, then there's this glamour shot. . . Hello, there, triple chin! I'm photogenically challenged, I think:

And, this morning.


Pictures from the side are NOT GOOD. Must remember to pose more during photos. :-) This picture was great inspiration for dropping the last ten pounds!

Last week's workouts:

I had a pretty light week, with no running! My original plan was to take a few days off to recover from my half, but then I got a nasty cold, so I stuck to cross training & took it very easy. Here's what I actually did, along with my calorie intake for the day. I'm starting to notice a trend, where I am hungrier on days when I don't work out. . . Not what I was expecting, but it appears there may be some scientific support for this.

  • Monday - Rest day (planned). 1429 calories
  • Tuesday - Rest day (unplanned) + power yoga. 2000 calories.
  • Wednesday - 30 minutes on the elliptical + legs. 1510 calories
  • Thursday - 40 minutes of biking + arms + pilates. 1231 calories.
  • Friday - Rest day (unplanned). 1454 calories.
  • Saturday - 35 minutes of elliptical + 35 minutes on the bike + arms & legs. 1544 calories.
  • Sunday - Rest day (unplanned). 1542 calories

This week's workouts:

Today officially kicks off a new training plan for the Mother's Day Half in May. I really, really want to stick to the workouts, focus on speed and getting more hill training in. Here's what I'm planning for the week ahead:

  • Monday - 4 mile easy strides (with 4/30 second sprints) + arms. Power yoga this evening.
  • Tuesday - 45 minutes of cross training + legs. Pilates in the evening.
  • Wednesday - 2 speed repeats, for a total of 4 miles.
  • Thursday - 60 minutes of cross training + arms. Power yoga in the evening.
  • Friday - Burlesque or Zumba with a friend.
  • Saturday - Run GPR, for a total of 5 miles.
  • Sunday - 5 mile run + arms/legs & pilates.
How about you? What does your schedule look like? Did you have a fun St. Patrick's Day? And, are YOU photogenic? If so, please share tips! :-)





3 comments:

  1. please, you look fantastic in all of your pictures!!

    happy birthday to your ADORABLE son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I am so not photogenic either so I just shoot for weird and awkward so I am not disappointed. Ha Your bebe is adorable though! Kids are always so dang cute in photos, so unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures look great!
    Happy birthday to your 6-year old! :)

    ReplyDelete