Here's what I've been up to, workout wise, since Friday. I'm back on track with my training plan, & feeling good. Plan for tonight is 4 miles, with sprints interspersed, per my training plan. I'll need to run after the kids are in bed, as I have meetings all day at work.
- Saturday - 8 mile run. The weather was cold, with a snow/rain mix, so that was about as much fun as you'd expect. ;-) I did the first mile on the treadmill, decided I couldn't hack 7 more on the 'mill, and went outside. I'd rather be cold than bored out of my skull. Pace was a little slower than I'd hoped, but I'm not sore after my run. I think I could have pushed it a bit harder.
- Sunday - 60 minutes of cross training (elliptical) + arms & lots of stretching/foam rolling.
- Monday - 25 minute run (treadmill) + 20 minutes on the elliptical + legs & abs
- Tuesday - 4.5 mile hill run, outside. My lungs are still burning quite a bit when I start my runs, with that heavy feeling you get when you're not feeling 100%. I'm taking it slow & steady, hoping to be fully recovered asap! I'm also still coughing & a bit congested - fingers crossed that things are cleared up before my long run this weekend.
My nutrition has been reasonably good, with the exception of yesterday. Due to the timing of my run, and work, I didn't eat until about an hour after my workout & I was famished. I ate my lunch & dinner calories in one fell swoop, and ate a ridiculous amount of gummy bears. Not exactly a super food, but pretty tasty. ;-) Win some/lose some.
I've been bored with the same old jeans/sweater routine, so I tried to mix things up today with a dress. Of course, after I pulled the car out of the garage this morning, I saw that it was snowing & had to change my shoes. Not sure the boots quite work with the dress, but I was running late.
- Wine colored sweater - Loft
- Silver necklace - Macy's
- Dark wash jeans - Gap, Always Skinny
- Black boots - Anne Klein, Macy's
- Coral sweater - Loft
- White tank - Loft
- Silver necklace - c/o Michael
- Jeans - American Eagle, Skinny
- Bad hair - because I didn't want to wash it before my run. aka - total laziness.
- Black sweater (can't tell, given my amazing photography skills, but this has cute gold buttons) - Jcrew
- Turquoise dress - Forever 21. This is a summer dress, that I pulled out of the closet this morning, because I just wanted the color
- Black ribbed tights - Loft
- Black boots - Macy's
What is the weather like in your area?
Have you ever had toe pain? Was it a shoe issue? Nails? Did soaking help?
I have my 15K in a little over two weeks - can't wait! Are you currently training for any events?