Ski season is winding down, & I have a bunch of races on the horizon, so time to get serious & get back into a regular running groove! I know what this means, & I've been putting it off. . .it means finally motivating myself to consistently run at 5:00 am. Oh boy, this should be interesting. I've been trying to do this for a year, but the time has come. With Michael's travel schedule, it's either 5:00 am or never on most days.
What I really need to do is fix my running location, because currently our treadmill is in the basement, facing a wall. If you enjoy feeling like you're in prison, this is definitely the place to be! I can run outside in the mornings as long as Michael isn't traveling (about half the time), but I need to make the treadmill running more enjoyable. We're thinking of hooking up a DVD player, or something. More on that.
I've also gained six pounds, & while I'd love to tell you that it's all muscle. . . I'm pretty sure it's not. I had to film a video for work, & seeing the footage was a cold, hard reality check. I've actually been getting quite a bit of exercise, so given that I'm still gaining weight - that should be a solid indicator of how much I'm eating. Gulp.
Recap from last week:
- Monday - Rest day. Ran 11 miles on Saturday & skied all day on Sunday.
- Tuesday - Ran 2 miles on the treadmill. All I had time for.
- Wednesday- 45 minutes of cross training (elliptical) + weights
- Thursday - Ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill. Because I was that lazy at 5:00 am.
- Friday - Ran 3 miles on the treadmill. I know, I know, such improvement! :-)
- Saturday - We were supposed to ski with a bunch of family for Sam's 7th birthday, but it was pouring buckets at the mountain. So, we went bowling & drank beer. And then followed that up with a movie + wine. Obviously, it was a stellar workout day.
- Sunday - 60 minutes of cross training + weights. Could have run at the gym, didn't. Have a cold, feel like dog doo.
Here's my plan for this week:
- Monday - The boys had the day off, so we went skiing. We skied 15 runs (that's a ton with kids!), so I got in quite a bit of exercise.
- Tuesday - 5 mile run at lunch + arms. Pilates tonight.
- Wednesday - 4 mile run at 5:00 am.
- Thursday - 60 minutes of cross training at lunch. Yoga in the evening.
- Friday - At the beach! Taking a long weekend as the boys are on mid-winter break. I love running at the beach ! 6 mile run.
- Saturday - Long run for my half in a few weeks. 12 miler.
- Sunday - Rest day.
Also, if you're on My Fitness Pal, & would like to connect, please let me know!