Things we've been up to over the past few weeks
- Multiple trips to the beach. Fantastic weather on the Oregon coast (80 degrees!) which is rare & so much fun.
- Tire blow out on one of the beach trips that involved me + 2 kids stranded on the side of the highway for several hours in an extremely scary area (no room to pull over, not crime-related). I ended up having to climb over my car & pull the kids out of the window, which is how I re injured my foot.
- Preparing for my big boy's first day of Kindergarten! I'm getting teary just typing this. He starts on Tuesday & I'm anxious & excited at the same time. Nick is going to big kid preschool this year, and I'm crossing my fingers that it goes well. He's not a huge fan of change.
- A cousins trip to an indoor water park (Great Wolf Lodge). Great times were had by all.
- A fantastic family beach trip with my immediate family (Michael, parents, sister, nephews) - SUPER fun.
- A trip to the zoo with my favorite little ladies.
- A major fall off the monkey bars resulting in a split lip & chipped front tooth
- My dad in the ICU due to a mountain biking injury. (He's recovering nicely).
Here's a photo dump of the summer fun. :-)
Cousins beach trip:
My beach bunnies on a (rare!) sunny day at the coast
The offending monkey bars + two of my best friends kids on a play date:
My grown up boy at his Kindergarten orientation meeting:
Two of my favorite little ladies + Sam at the zoo, in their "explorer" outfits:
We're at the beach this weekend for one final summer hurrah before school starts & the madness of soccer practice, swimming & carpools begins. And, it's supposed to be 82 tomorrow. Beach picnic!
I hope all of you have fabulous Labor Day weekends. :-)