Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The great closet cleanout

Last night I tried on every item in my closet that I haven't worn in the last month, & pulled out everything that didn't fit, I don't wear, etc. Mostly, things were too big & I have a huge stack to donate. I'm a little embarrassed to even share how much I got rid of, but we're all friends here, right? ;-)

  • 31 tops
  • 7 dresses
  • 8 pair of pants
  • 4 skirts
My closet is now remarkably pared down, & I can easily find things. Wow! Love that. But, given that this is the lowest weight I've been at since before I had kids, most of the clothes I have left are pretty old (7-8 years, I would guesstimate.) I'd like to lose 10-12 more pounds, so I'm not clamoring to shop at the moment. Also, I'm trying to save most of my fun money to continue to pay for my trainer (albeit much less frequently than I'm going now), so we'll see how I do on not replacing everything I ditched. :-) It's pretty embarrassing how much I had in the closet.

Outfit:
  • Coral sweater - Forever 21
  • Coral tank (underneath) - Loft
  • Silver necklace - Macy's
  • Jeans - Rock & Republic, courtesy of Costco
  • Silver shoes - Chinese Laundry (Ross)
Workout:
I worked out with my trainer yesterday, & it was another killer workout. I warmed up on the elliptical for 10 minutes before she got there, & then we did 50 minutes of punishing circuit trainer. Ouch. I can tell I'll be very sore tomorrow. :-)

Food:
Yesterday was a pretty good day - I was a little over my calorie goal, but was pretty pleased with my choices overall.

Breakfast - homemade waffle + coffee & fruit
Snack - mini Clif bar
Lunch - protein smoothie & salad
Snack - nuts
Dinner - leftover barbecued chicken dipped in hummus
Snack - fruit + handful of Pirate's Booty

Do you clean out your closet with any regularity? Are you a clothes hoarder like me? :-)

3 comments:

  1. I have a boutique in my closet....a variety of sizes! I know there are still some maternity clothes in there that need to go. And my wedding gown is all the way in the back. I guess I have hard time letting go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cleaning out my closet and getting rid of things that are too big after losing weight :) It makes ya feel so good! Congratulations, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to your blog in a bit & you look great!!

    That must feel good to have cleaned out your closet like that!

    ReplyDelete